Belper Goes Green will return…in 2024
We are thrilled to announce that our community event will be returning in 2024 from June 7th-9th. However, we still need more help to make it a success.
If you’re interested in getting involved and being part of this exciting event, please don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We have several roles to fill, and your support will be greatly appreciated.
Please keep an eye on our Facebook page for updates on how you can help and what you can expect. It takes a community to hold a community event, and we would be delighted to hear from you.
Thank you for your interest in Belper Goes Green. We look forward to seeing you in 2024!
Belper Goes Green aims to:
- Create a fun, safe and uplifting environment in which our community can come together
- Promote ways we can reduce our impact on the planet by sharing experiences and knowledge
- Celebrate life in Belper and the surrounding DE56 postcode area
- Address global environmental issues on a local scale
- Promote a thriving local economy, based on green principles
- Connect individuals, families and businesses across the community
- Promote connection with the natural world
- Showcase local artists, musicians, writers and poets
- Give a platform to local campaign groups, charities and organisations who share similar values to us
What we do to reduce our impact on the planet:
- We sell reusable beer cups and water bottles
- Single-use plastic food and drinks containers, plastic cutlery and polystyrene are banned from the site
- We aim for all of our stages to be solar-powered
- No petrol or diesel generators are allowed
- We minimise landfill waste by providing recycling bins across the site
- We provide a wide range of vegan and vegetarian food options
- All promotional materials are printed on either recycled or FSC certified paper using vegetable-oil based inks
Please visit our other Belper Goes Green pages for further info about the festival.