Please read the information below for stallholders. Note that bookings for this year are now closed - no further bookings will be accepted.
Information for stallholders
Who organises Belper Goes Green?
The festival is organised by Transition Belper which is a charitable company dedicated to helping Belper and the surrounding area move towards a low carbon economy. We are not aiming to make a huge surplus but any profit made will help with expenses such as room hire, insurance and other projects for the community. None of the dozens of volunteers involved in setting up and running the festival is paid a salary or fee although we do provide some refreshment tokens.
When is the festival?
The main days are Saturday 2nd and Sunday 3rd June 2018 from 11.00 – 17.00. However, stallholders are welcome to set up on Friday 1st June. The Beer Festival will open at 18.00 on Friday 1st and there will be live entertainment throughout the evening. Food stalls, in particular are encouraged to be open on the Friday evening (at no extra charge). Again, on Saturday evening live entertainment will continue throughout the evening and the Beer Festival will be open. Although the advertised finish time is 17.00 you are welcome to continue trading later if you wish.
Where is the Festival?
Strutts Playing Field, Derby Road, Belper DE56 1UU – the home of Belper Rugby Club next to Babington Hospital and across the road from Strutts Community Centre. Parking is available on site for stallholders and disabled people. Stallholders will be sent a car park pass nearer the date. This should be printed out and displayed on your dashboard.
What type of stall can I book?
- Charities, community groups and campaigns – nil fee for half a market stall or a gazebo pitch. Those requiring a full market stall will be asked to pay £10/day. Free stalls will be required to pay a deposit of £20 which will be refundable on application when you arrive for the event.
- Workshops or activity based stalls – not for profit – nil fee but deposit applies
- Catering stalls – defined as those selling food or drink for consumption at Belper Goes Green. There will be a location based range of fees. The standard fee will be £60 per day or £100 for the weekend on the understanding that stalls could be located anywhere on the site. Stalls requiring a prime location nearer the club house, bar and toilet facilities etc. and those requiring mains electricity will be charged £120 per day or £200 for the weekend
- Craft stalls – small artists and makers based within the DE56 postcode area will be charged £10/day for half a market stall, or £20 per day for any others. Standard rates apply for full market stalls and gazebo pitches.
- Standard stalls – all other full market stalls and gazebo pitches will be charged at £30/day or £50 for the weekend We would ask that, wherever possible, stalls bring their own gazebo as this frees market stalls for those who don’t have a gazebo. Please do tell us the size of your gazebo or tent to aid our site planning.
- Once all market stalls are allocated those without gazebos will be accommodated either in a small number of gazebos available to us or in large frame tents that we hire in for the event.
We’ll consider a stall booked once stall payment or deposit has been made in full. Only then will your stall be listed on our web site, mentioned on Facebook, allocated a pitch and included in the Festival programme.
How do I pay?
You will be sent an invoice electronically. This should be paid as soon as possible in order to confirm your participation at the festival. We will not consider any stall to be booked until payment has been received in full. Cheques should be made payable to Transition Belper and sent to Mick Hepworth, 51 Mount Pleasant Drive, Belper, Derbyshire DE56 2TQ
Alternatively, you can pay by bank transfer using the following details:
Account Name: Transition Belper Ltd
Bank: Unity Bank
Account No: 20371010
Sort Code: 60 83 01
Reference: Please use your stall name and the reference which appears on your invoice.
If you need to cancel your stall we will refund your fees in full as long as your cancellation is before 1st May 2018. There will be no refunds for late cancellation or non-attendance.
Please note that as from 01/10/2017, Transition Belper Ltd is no longer registered for V.A.T.
What documents do I need?
- All stallholders should be insured and be able to provide evidence of their current Public Liability Insurance valid for the duration of the festival
- Food stalls should provide a current Food Hygiene Certificate
- Workshops or those involving the public in activities should provide risk assessments to help ensure the safety of those taking part
- If you hold a first aid qualification it would be helpful if you could share that information with us. We will hold a list of qualified first aiders on site who can be called upon in an emergency
How do I get a web page listing?
The booking form includes a space for you to tell us about your stall – a paragraph we can include on the Belper Goes Green web page. Additional information and any relevant photos or graphics can be sent to David George – email@example.com