Belper Goes Green is Transition Belper’s Community, Eco and Arts Festival – a celebration of local living, which aims to share ways of reducing our impact on the planet, whilst connecting the local community in a relaxed, safe and uplifting way.
** A MESSAGE ABOUT THIS YEAR’S FESTIVAL AND COVID 19 **
The Belper Goes Green organising committee have made the decision once again to cancel the festival for 2021. It is important that we prioritise the health and safety of all involved and given the usual timing of the festival we felt that it was too early to plan a safe festival properly. The festival takes several months to organise, with only a small team of volunteers, and given all the uncertainty it was felt it was just not possible to hold it again this year.
Belper Goes Green aims to:
- Create a fun, safe and uplifting environment in which our community can come together
- Promote ways we can reduce our impact on the planet by sharing experiences and knowledge
- Celebrate life in Belper and the surrounding DE56 postcode area
- Address global environmental issues on a local scale
- Promote a thriving local economy, based on green principles
- Connect individuals, families and businesses across the community
- Promote connection with the natural world
- Showcase local artists, musicians, writers and poets
- Give a platform to local campaign groups, charities and organisations who share similar values to us
What we are doing as a festival to reduce our impact on the planet:
- We sell reusable beer cups and water bottles
- Single-use plastic food and drinks containers, plastic cutlery and polystyrene are banned from the site
- We aim for all of our stages to be solar-powered
- No petrol or diesel generators are allowed
- We minimise landfill waste by providing recycling bins across the site
- We provide a wide range of vegan and vegetarian food options
- All promotional materials are printed on either recycled or FSC certified paper using vegetable-oil based inks
Please visit our other Belper Goes Green pages for further info about the festival.